Trust is important, especially when it comes to your data. That's why we see it as our duty to manage your data with the utmost care and to do everything possible to protect your information from misuse.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and who can you contact?
Responsible for the data processing:
Austrian Association for Financial Analysis and Asset Management
1090 Vienna, Austria
Tel. +431 533 50 50
2. Which data is processed and from which sources does this data come from?
We process the personal data that we receive from you in the course of a business relationship.
In addition, we process data that we have legitimately received from publicly available sources (e.g., business register, media).
Personal data includes:
• Your personal details (name, address, contact details)
• Other personal data that you or third parties make available to us with your consent or otherwise permissible during the initiation of the contract or during the contractual relationship, in particular: age, marital status, sex, occupation or other information about yourself, which you obviously yourself publicly have made.
• Information from your electronic traffic with the ÖVFA (eg cookies etc.)
3. For what purposes and on what legal basis is the data processed?
The data processing takes place on the basis of the legal regulations of the kind
The data processing takes place on the basis of the legal regulations of the kind 6 Abs 1 a) of the DSGVO.
The purposes of the data processing follow the association purpose of the ÖVFA:
• ÖVFA represents the interests of financial analysts and investment professionals in the financial center of Austria.
• ÖVFA is a platform for the exchange of information and know-how among the Austrian investment community and for corporate members with regard to issues relevant to capital markets.
• ÖVFA represents the interests of capital market players by participating in national and international committees (Corporate Governance Working Group, AFRAC, EFFAS, ACIIA, etc.).
• In order to optimally implement its goals, ÖVFA cooperates with important institutions and associations in the Austrian financial center.
• ÖVFA, as the standard setter, sets standards of analysis, develops them further, and helps shape other capital market issues.
• As a standard setter, the ÖVFA is your contact for politics, authorities and supervision.
• ÖVFA sets training standards and is a platform for the training and further education of financial analysts and investment professionals.
4. Who receives your data?
Within ÖVFA and the Austrian Society for Bank Research (BWG), which is affiliated within an office community, employees receive their data, which they need to fulfill their contractual, legal and regulatory obligations and to safeguard legitimate interests. All employees are obliged to maintain secrecy - even beyond the end of the employment relationship. In addition, commissioned processors (in particular IT service providers) will receive your data if they need it to fulfill their respective task. All processors are contractually obliged to treat your data confidentially and to process it only as part of the provision of services.
5. How long will your data be stored and processed?
For the duration of the entire business relationship (from initiation to settlement to termination of a contract) as well as in accordance with statutory retention and documentation obligations.
Moreover, in the storage period, the statutory limitation periods, e.g. according to the General Civil Code (ABGB) in certain cases up to 30 years (the general limitation period is 3 years) may be considered.
6. What are your privacy rights?
You have at any time:
• the right to information, correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of your stored data
• a right to object to the processing
• a right to data portability in accordance with the requirements of data protection law.
Our website uses so-called cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your device using the browser. They are now part of the international standard and do no harm. Cookies are used to make the offer user-friendly. Some cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. They allow us to recognize your browser on your next visit.
If you do not want this, you can set up your browser so that it informs you about the setting of cookies and you allow this only in individual cases.
8. Social Media
The ÖVFA refers to the learning platform of the EFFAS and uses LinkedIn as a social network to maintain existing business contacts in the context of social networks. When using the respective service, your browser is automatically connected to the selected service provider. For example, your IP address, cookies and other information will be transmitted to the respective service provider.
9. Data security
Your data security is our highest concern. Our stated goal is to take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of data processing and to process your personal data in such a way that they are protected against access by unauthorized third parties.
By using security software and encryption techniques, our IT infrastructure meets international security standards.
In addition, we promote the security of your data by using risk-minimizing measures and preventive safeguards.